“Composable Enterprise means creating an organization made from interchangeable building blocks” (Gartner)
The idea of composable business operates on four basic principles:
- More speed through discovery
- Greater agility through modularity
- Better leadership through orchestration
- Resilience through autonomy
Accenture has worked on such composable architectures for SAP clients for years and has the leading offering in the market, which has already been applied at many large SAP clients.
Composable technologies are the tools for today and key to use for tomorrow:
- S/4HANA is the new digital core, providing a stable and proven foundation for the enterprise.
- The core is extended by cloud platforms like SAP BTP and, e.g., Google Cloud — These platforms provide all the pieces and connect the capabilities in a very flexible way.
- Google Cloud, for example, is providing truly differentiating capabilities in Security, Automation, Cloud Coupling (Google Cortex) and AI/ML for industry-specific innovation.
- The OVGU, together with Google Cloud and Accenture, offers applied research for a Composable Enterprise architecture incl. SAP cloud coupling and also trainings.
The application of cloud technologies became tremendously important in recent years. More companies since ever are utilizing the great potentials that can be achieved by the cloud. Accenture, Google Cloud and the OVGU are aware of the increasing demands of novel cloud coupling concepts, especially with enterprise software, and also experts that are capable to interact and work with specialized cloud technologies.
Due to this, we are more than happy that we have started a first for Europe approach, the OVGU together with Google Cloud and Accenture, for an applied research of SAP cloud coupling and also trainings.
The newly formed Cloud Academy will take care of the latter and build on existing Cloud competencies with the Business Informatics Chair of Prof. Dr. Klaus Turowski.
Future experts will receive a cloud-focused curriculum and have the option to gain an industry-grade certification. Connected teaching institutions can also leverage this interdisciplinary approach and framework. Apart from that, together with leading applied researchers from the Magdeburg Research Competence Cluster (MRCC) of the Magdeburg University, various research avenues in this initiative will be investigated. This includes, inter alia, the utilization of Google Cloud technologies to facilitate a near-real time precision marketing, combining web-based data streams with SAP data for campaign management and audience selection.
The three partners offer an open, unique exchange platform for industry and science and invite further companies to join this Enterprise Cloud Initiative.
Official press release in English language on EurekAlert and also IDW
Official OVGU press release website in German language